- Elephants can perceive sound frequencies inaudible to humans. Some times they communicate each other through infrasonic waves. Large ears help them to receive a wide range of frequencies.
- Elephants always fan their ears; this action cools their body. Elephants have few sweat glands, so the fanning of the ears regulates the body temperature.
- Elephants travel a long distance in search of food
- Elephants trunkful water almost weighs 10L. He uses the trunk as a hose and pour this into the mouth.
- Bull elephants without tusks are called 'makhans'
- Most of theelephants have 18 nails, some of them have 20
For more about elephants....http://www.elephant-kerala.com/ 'Gajakesarikal' a book about the majestic elephants of Kerala in Malayalam by Mr.K.P.Raju an ardent lover of elephants. To know more about the book:phone-0481-2411733