Sunday, December 2, 2007

Sree poornathrayeesha vrischikotsavam

Sree Poornathrayeesha temple is the at the heart of Thripunithura. The royal town has all the blessings of the the great Poornathrayeesha. Vrishchikotsavam is not a mere temple festival but it is the festival of all the people in Thripunithura. The legend behind the poornathrayeesha temple is a very interesting one. This explains the generosity and love towards the devotees of Sri Mahavishnu.
To know more http://www.elephant-kerala.com/

In this temple the most special offering to Sree Poornathrayeesha is Oil(especially gingely oil).

My first visit to Thripunithura was in search of a hostel. At last we (me and my parents)found a working women's hostel very near to Sree Poornathrayeesha temple. I can see the 'Kodimarom'(flag post) from my room. The hostel was an ancient kovilakam carrying the smell of past very near to Kalikkotta palace. The life of Thripunithura according to me is very calm and pleasant. You can see the announcements of performances of celebrities in Kalikkotta palace frequently. Slowly I became an adamant devotee of Sri poornathrayeesha who blessed my life with a loving husband.
My hostel was managed by the Thaluk Union Kanayannoor and the building incorporated an Old age home also. The memories always bring the grey shadows of the old people with bright memories of their loving ones. There were people without children also. The hostel food and the darkness in the rooms spread into their lives also. I have some wonderful friends there. I was really happy with my job and the happy moments with my friends.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails