Saturday, August 23, 2008

Ezhunnallippu

Elephant march during the 'parayeduppu' of poonithura kottaram temple, thripunithura.
Panchavadyam means Orchestra which consists of five instruments. idakka,kombu,maddalam,thilmila and ilathalam are the five instruments used in Panchavadyam.
Panchavadyam shots from Gandhi square in Kochi
Caparisoned elephant shots with kolam on the top.
'Thidambu' of the chief diety of Poonithura Kottaram temple, Pettah
Elephant march in a temple at Kochi accompanied by Panchavadyam.
Elephant with Muthukkuda, nettippattom, venchamaram and aalavattom.

Para ezhunnallippu of Poonithura Kottaram temple on Ashtamirohini. Caparisoned elephants accompanied by panchavadyam. Poonithura temple has strong relation with poornathrayeesha temple. According to legends, it is the place where Arjuna and the brahmin descended in santhana gopala story. Here Arjuna took the idol from 'pooni' , brought from vaikunda. Thus the name poonithura came. Muthukulangara temple at Eroor also has connections with the Poornathrayeesha temple.

2 comments:

anoop said...

hello i'm from dubai...i like to know abt the 2008 utsavam fixture .can any one help...

Unknown said...

Whoever has posted this picture has definitely brought some nastalgic memories in me as I was borne in Punithura (my mother's birth place)and spent my childhood and education in Thottuva-Koovappady and now living in Mumbai. I closely knew MS Thripunithura since I used to watch him play cricket when I was small and when I used to visit my grandmother in Punithura.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails